Thursday, December 20, 2007

*dips her toes in*

Just checking out the waters. I'm new to this. My friend Sarah (she has a blog and I'm sure there's some way to link it but... ) told me to check it out and here I am!
I plan to use this as a place to talk about every day life and thoughts. I hope I can use it as much as I plan.
First a few intros into my spectacular life: I'm Dana, I'm 25. I recently quit my job, moved to a place I'd never been, rented a house, and had my car stolen. So needless to say I have a lot of time (and anger) on my hands and this seems like the place to be. I live with my wonderful boyfriend of 5 years, Josh- an IT guy for a major company, and my dog, Murphy, our son, a boxer/lab mix rescued in L.A. He's 3 now, and amazing, happy, sweet and loving.
So I guess I'll start off where I planned- talking about my day. But since I've had a pretty fun couple of days I'm going to do it all.
Sunday Josh and I (and Murph-dawg) drove to my hometown (about a 2 hour drive) to see a play with my family. A Christmas Carol- christmas classic. I swear I've seen this play 1oo million times but, no matter what, I get excited cause- you know- it's live, and someone could mess up or trip or something and that would be hilariously funny. But no really, I get excited cause it means CHRISTMAS! Ohhh my first love- Christmas. Well really my first love was a boy named Jesse but Christmas was much more cheerful and giving. So that was fun. We went out to dinner at Willy's BBQ afterwards which is where Josh ordered Brief Biscuit instead of Beef Briskit (HA!)
Monday Josh and I went to Lamppost. Now, for those of you who are not from Oak Park this probably isn't exciting but dude- SO GOOD. Pizza and salad. YUM. I felt like I was 15 all over again, minus the borrowing money from mom and the frozen yogurt aftewards (sad!). We then went to the mall because we were going to meet Raegan!
For those who don't know, my best friend Brittany recently gave birth to her first daughter, Rae(gan). Rae is three weeks old and we got to see her take her first picture with Santa. It was so sweet. She is SO tiny and all wrinkles and pinkness and sweetness in 8 pounds. We ended up back at Brit's place playing with her pups and Rae and just catching up. She is a great person and will be a great mom and I'm happy to have them in my life.
That night we went to Brad and Sarah's place to meet to go out to dinner. It was so great seeing them. I've known them forever but it seems like we always have something to discuss or laugh about and thats nice. They made me an AWESOME set of 4 discs filled with awesome music (they're music lovers) and I am so excited to have something like a car to play them in. Brad and Sarah took us to dinner at Maggiano's, it was very nice, and then to get gelado in the mall! WOW Gelado is good. They then introduced us to the wonders of the Office- hilarious! We both are going to watch it now. Their cat, Sophie, is adorable and playful and I want her. Hopefully I'll get to see more of them all this week.
Yesterday was blah. Josh owed me a Bean Scene for betting that Madonna sang "When I think about you I Touch Myself", but then he had to go back home. I dont like being without him for so long right before Christmas but such is life. I baked a million cookies (I'm trying to make myself useful while taking up space in my parents home) and went grocery shopping with mom. I love spending time with my family... due to recent events I worry about how short our time together really is.. so I actually enjoyed such a mundane activity. Plus, I rarely leave the house (no car, no money.. we've been over this) so anything is fun! I'm like a crazy person let out of their padded cell! WOOO HOOOOOOOO! OH LOOK! A CLOUD! A DAISY! now I'm tired.
Anyway...
Today, after no sleep, I was feeling pretty tired. I baked some more. Went to Britt's and sat there. Rae spit up down into my cleavage so I'm feeling as if she has welcomed me into her new little life. It's like she gave me a slobber and puke soaked invite into her world. How sweet.
Tomorrow I have no plans. Hit me up. Lets do nothing together. I'm good at that!

1 comment:

Saab Pilot said...

I just added you to my feed reader. Yay, now I can follow you every day without ever missing a beat.

I wish I could write about nothing so elegantly as you. Oh well.